Notes from March 7, 2017
What we talked about
- Joomla! organizational 'stuff'
- Events @ The Nerdery
- "Why Universities Should Consider Joomla" (https://magazine.joomla.org/issues/issue-mar-2014/item/1784-why-universities-should-consider-joomla)
- Augsburg College (www.augsburg.edu)
- Web site 'analysis'
- Social Media Management
- Hootsuite (https://hootsuite.com)
- Using Open Graph protocol (for Facebook features)
- The Open Graph protocol (http://ogp.me/)
- Flat-file CMS
- GRAV (from makers of RocketTheme) (https://getgrav.org/)
- Cool Joomla! Extensions
- Create Excel Spreadsheets from Joomla data tables - jDBexport (https://it-solutions.schultz.ch/index.php/en/jdbexport)
- Supporting remote users
- Screen Sharing
- Screen Recording
- Screencastify - Chrome browser plugin (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/screencastify-screen-vide/mmeijimgabbpbgpdklnllpncmdofkcpn?hl=en)
- ScreenCastOMatic (https://screencast-o-matic.com/)
- Integrating Joomla! with Salesforce
- Set-up a free Joomla! test site at CloudAccess (www.cloudaccess.net) for researching/testing
The above links are just for reference for those that attended.
If you missed this meeting you missed discussion about the items above (and lot sof other things), how to use them, what features they provide, which ones are better for what situation.
Join us next time and be ready to share your favorite sites and what you're looking for now.